Friday, 8 March 2013

It's Almost Easter!

And here in Perth the days are definitely starting to get shorter ... but we are hanging out for some rain and cooler weather as we head into Autumn after the hottest Summer on record!

And as we wait for cooler, rainy Autumn days here in the southern hemisphere, the northern hemisphere is longing for warm sunshine and blue skies. And what better way to celebrate the coming of Spring than to create some lovely things with Paper Garden Projects' new kit 'Chalk It Up To Spring'. 

Chalk It Up To Spring Digital Craft Kit

I was delighted to be have been asked to work with this new kit. It's a new release on The DigiChick site, and to celebrate it's release the kit is on sale this weekend. Hop on over and check it out!

See all those lovely bunnies and butterflies - I knew straight away that I would have to create a gift box full of Eastery goodness ... and combine it with my favourite Easter chocolates (well ... actually ... favourite chocolate for any time of the year really) Lindt.  

Cathrine also has a great little box kit which I knew would work perfectly for my Easter gift boxes. 

Gift Box with K-Cup Holder Cutting File

I used the SVG cutting files which imported perfectly into my Pazzles Inspiration software, and sized down the round holes in the inlay shape to 2.5cm (1").


For the box itself I chose the solid grass green and bright pink papers, doublesided them with patterned paper No. 4 and printed them out on a lovely 250gsm recycled paper which I know cuts well on my Pazzles.  I then cut out the insert tray using a single sided print of patterned paper no. 16. 

I had some of the doublesided paper left, so decided to decorate the lid using the svg file for the square mat. I printed and cut out the bunny border and applied it to the box lid edges. I then cut out four little butterflies using the svg file, and glued them onto the circles which I had cut from the insert tray, and centred and glued them on each of the four sides of the lid.

Inspired by the lovely digi rosettes in the kit I decided to make one from the leftover green doublesided card.
And then of course I had to have one of those gorgeous bunnies as a lid topper. I duplicated the bunny cut  file and added a bridge on the bunny's back feet, so that when he was cut out and folded he became a 3D bunny. I punched out a pink flower topper for the bunny to sit on and glued them all onto the rosette.

Then it was time to fill the little box full of Lindt bunnies!


I popped their dear little heads through the holes in the insert, and then fitted it all into the box base. They fit perfectly! It looks like they are having a little party in that box doesn't it! 

Now, obviously this is a little girl's (and not so little) Easter box ... but look at the lovely brown and blue papers in the kit - I just know a little boy would love one of these boxes done in those colours!

1 comment: